MARSALA IN THE HEART OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
On the extreme tip of the island, Marsala located in the heart of Mediterrenean, a city with an ancient heart, from the Phoenician origins with Greek, Roman, Arab, Norman, Swabian, Angevin and Spanish backgrounds.
Marsala, a city rich of artistic, archaeological and natural beauties, a city rich of history and traditions, has one of its main economic and tourist resources in the sea, while agriculture, with its seventy thousand hectares of vineyards, feeds the wine industry: over one million hectoliters of whites, reds and liqueurs per year, among which the noble Marsala.
Marsala city of wine, flowers, strawberries, wax, Windsurfing and Kitesurfing, gastronomy and typicality, salt and mills, history, art, archeology and traditions.
Marsala is the ideal location to experience all the natural beauties of Western Sicily.
HOW TO REACH MARSALA AND LILYBEO VILLAGE
- From the International airport of Palermo Punta Raisi “Falcone Borsellino” KM 115
- From the Airport of Trapani – Birgi “Vincenzo Florio”: Km 20
- Bus from Marsala, Via Fazio – Railway Station To Airport “Vincenzo Florio” And Airport Of Punta Raisi “Falcone E Borsellino”
- Marsala (train station) – Palermo (train station) (via Mazara del Vallo): to reach Lilybeo Village ask the driver to stop at “Contrada Cuore di Gesù” mt 800
- Straightaway connections from Milan – Rome – Florence – Siena – Bologna – Parma – Piacenza – Palermo
Line Palermo – Trapani (Via Castelvetrano)
- Marsala station Km 5
- Petrosino station Km 4
- Terrenove – Bambina Km 2
- Palermo Seaport from Genova, Livorno, Napoli and Salerno
- Trapani Seaport from Sardinia
Naval coordinates of Marsala seaport: N. 37° 46′ 96″- E. 12° 26′ 25″
- From Palermo: Take the A29 motorway towards Mazara del Vallo up to the exit, continue on the Strada Statale 115 for about 10 km. Once you arrive in Marsala, at the 2nd traffic light, in “Contrada Cuore di Gesù” turn right and at the roundabout to the left. Lilybeo Village is on your right.
- From Trapani: SP21 towards Marsala, near the airport continue with the S.V, when you reach the hospital turn right unto the SS188. From Piazza Caprera, continue on the SS115 towards Mazara del Vallo, at the 3rd traffic light, in “Contrada Bambina” turn left, at the traffic light turn right. Lilybeo Village is on your left.
CITY PUBLIC TRANSPORTS
CITY BUS “MARSALA – CAMPING LILYBEO VILLAGE”
- LINE N. 6 Marsala – S. Padre
- From Marsala (P.zza del Popolo) to the Camping (stop from 150 mt)
- LINE N. 1 Marsala – Petrosino
- From Marsala (P.zza del Popolo) stop at Via Nazionale near MegaMarket Conad Superstore in Contrada Bambina, walk for about 100 mt toward Mazara then take the street near the school on your left then keep going until you see the street of the camping.
From “Viaggio in Italia” by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“When the Everlasting Father created the world and spread the various colors into the various parts of the world, on his plate there were left very small quantities of colors. Not knowing how to distribute them, he mixed them up together and poured them upon an Mediterranean island: Sicily, which became the island of the sun, the most beautiful of the islands, the island most favored by nature, the queen of the islands ” “It is in Sicily that the key to everything is found” “The purity of the edges, the softness of everything, the yielding interchangeability of the colors, the harmonious unity of the sky with the sea and the sea with the earth … he has seen them only once, he will have them all for his life “.